Torque Cars

Window tinting the Scooby

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by Lunchmoney, 1 April 2019.

1. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney The Torque Meister

Poole, UK
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    Going from this
    IMG_20190401_103615.jpg

to rear windows tinted, later this afternoon.

2. Lunchmoney

Poole, UK
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    To this
    IMG_20190401_164232.jpg

obi_waynne likes this.
  3. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Lunchy over here we have laws/rules that govern the darkness of the tint and when it is too dark on the sides it is difficult seeing the driver to see if he /she has seen you and imo that is not a good thing.

Do you have similar laws regarding tint??

4. Lunchmoney

Poole, UK
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    Yep. No tint on the front windows. No limit on the rear three. I could have gone limo black, but that's too much (I had limo black on a car many years ago, felt claustrophobic). I went with a 15% tint (lets in 15% light).
    The view from the inside is just fine; I can see fine and the rear facing dashcamera can still see. The rear inside is darker and cooler (great for the baby boy), but not claustrophobic.

5. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Looks so much better.