Do you drive with window partly down??

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
IF you do then you may want to change for your safety.
With the window partly down in a "T" bone /side impact crash on the passenger side the 3 point belt will not restrain you IN AN UPRIGHT POSITION and you will whiplash back and the side of your head will come into contact with the top edge ( a heavy impact onto a small surface area) with potentially permanent injuries or life endangering concequences.
The same thing will result in the event of driver side impact SO have the window ALL the way down OR no more than say 1/4 of the way open for ventilation.

FWIW over here the Ambos and Fireies call it "suicide glass"

only youngsters do that around here ... they believe it looks cool

But they have the seat back at 45degrees so their head will hit the B pillar.\B
They also order Maccas out the back window in the drive thru as well.:D

Haha exactly .. not to mention they are too far away from the seat belt to the point where it loses its Efficiency

Not only that is the air bag won't deploy far enough to prevent your head snapping forward and doing some serious neck damage BUT you will also submarine under the lap sash and it will when tightened up the diagonal sash edge will most likely cut your throat and you will end up in the footwell in a serious frontal crash.

NOTE IMHO cars and drivers have crashes NOT "accidents"
An accident is an unplanned pregnancy :eek:

PS I :rofl: when people say the car lost /went out of control and they had an" accident" I politely remind them that the car only responds to their imputs or lack thereof and that THEY LOST CONTROL OF THE CAR
I know that sounds a bit harsh BUT drivers with that mindset need to face reality.

theres some truth in what you said , a Proper driver should be able to react in ways that will prevent crashes or losing control of the car , whether its a slippery surface or an unexpected event on the road it can always be avoided or atleast minimize the damage .

As for unplanned pregnancy ist really an accident ? isnt it up to the "Driver" to make sure it dosnt happen ? an accident is probably a bolt of lighting suddenly striking you out of nowhere or the road suddenly caving in under your car ...hehe this has turned out to be quite the unexpected reply for me