Will diesels replace petrol cars

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you think that diesel engines will ever totally replace petrol engines?

They are a lot more efficient and are reliable but what do you think the future holds? Will petrol engines become more efficient and overtake diesels in this area?

I don't think the savings are big enough for diesel to take over.
The price of diesel is quite a bit more per litre. The cost of a second hand diesel car is more than the equivalent petrol version.

The only way the government would allow ethanol is if they ran out of diesel and petrol. Even then the price would be the same anyway. They would just tax it more to make more from us.
Only reason why LPG is cheaper is because of the amount of people actually using it. If everyone converted you can guarantee the price would miraculously double. Of course that would have nothing to do with the amount of tax increase on it would it ;)

in my country even the lpg got higher. governments don't know nothing but tax the people, but the brit's held the record on this. in my opinion for now ethanol would be cool if you produce on your own some amounts for your weekend car, and it is better than petrol.

Diesel is expensive... But my local Asda at the mo are selling at 1.39 a litre! Whereas Texaco are up at around the 1.45 mark.