Why do you modify your car?

puntoD

Torque Junkie
Car
mk II Punto 1.9
A car is a car, yet we can spend thousands of pounds on them. Soem of us have fast cars, some slow? but realisticly journeys always take around the same time. so why the engine upgrades?

I have a thing for modifying cars for the simlpe fact that i want to be different, i cant stand having something that some one else has, if i had a veyron, id have to do somthing to it, cause i know someone else has the exact same car as me! what are your thoughts on this, i was just wondering today while giving the old girl a clean :p

To take a standard car and improve upon it as much as practically possible. To create whilst having no artistic temperament. To learn.

Oh, and to blow bigger, supposedly faster and more expensive cars into the weeds :lol:

Being different doesn't bother me. Especially as it's particularily hard to be different these days. Only "different" car I've seen in years is that orange camper thing Loz (was it?) posted up t'other day. God my memory is awful.

i get bored easily and have to tinker and fiddle with things.

same here, even my xbox is modifyed lol. when i said different i ment lie kanything different. although the vw was an amazin work of art! that guy must be either rich, or now broke lol

My aim is to improve the fun of driving. The limit may be 70 but the amount of fun you have is directly proportional to the amount of seconds it takes to get there.

to easy , down load the film LOVE THE BEAST by eric bana
jay leno jeremy clarkson & dtr phill

if you have that special relationship that only a car buff can have then you can understand why .

For me it was a few reasons. The first one was that i had bought a quite expensive [for me anyway] number plate and i decided that i needed to justify it, the old look just didn't work with the car.
The second was that the body kit i fitted was a genuine Mitsubishi set up and i just fell in love with it the first time i saw it.
Thirdly, we do lots of trial stuff on our own motors so that when we fit it to a customers car, it works, we know what we are talking about and can price it accordingly.