What is an affordable car with huge potentials to modify for speed?

johnnxiv

Wrench Pro
Car
Corolla 1990
I'm saving up 10k or more for a car. My current car is about $3000. I love speed with all my heart. All I need is to drag 0 to 60 as fast as possible. Unfortunately I dont drive manual because I hate driving traffic with a manual car.
What old car should I get? I will continue to modify it when I save more money in the long run? I don't care how it looks, how old it is. As long as it's reliable and doesn't break down every month like BMW.

I'm saving up 10k or more for a car. My current car is about $3000. I love speed with all my heart. All I need is to drag 0 to 60 as fast as possible. Unfortunately I dont drive manual because I hate driving traffic with a manual car.
What old car should I get? I will continue to modify it when I save more money in the long run? I don't care how it looks, how old it is. As long as it's reliable and doesn't break down every month like BMW.

I'm not sure which BMW's you get over there in FL but our ones here in Europe are superbly reliable.

A V8 Mustang with a supercharger gives you a great base to work from.

Skylines are good project cars but I think are out of the running due to import restrictions and the price of those that have been imported.