When engines go bang

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is your reaction when someones highly tuned engine goes bang.

This sort of thing happens at shows and competitions a fair bit. Most people will cheer.

I feel pretty sorry for the guy who owns the car, it's a lot of time and money literally going up in smoke! That said if they hadn't been showing off it probably wouldn't have happened.

when its one of my customers and there engine has just blown i cheer as its money in garage's pocket lol

ya is funny when you are at shows ect when they blow but half the time its there fault for the way they treat it

if their acting the sham in front of their friends, i laugh
dont like to see the enthusiast suffer like that, you know they really put their heaRT AND SOUL INTO THE CAR, its just unfortunate ans sad to see them on the verge of crying

i feel sorry for them.
had a number of times in older cars where the piston decided to exit the block etc - usually in the old Ford CVH engines. Was left at the side of the road feeling very sorry for myself - and that was when the engine only cost me GBP100. If had poured my life and soul into something and it went in smoke then would be extremely dispondent.

Most of the engines that threw rods through the sump were American push rod OHV V8s, they just did not like being revved much over 6000RPM. The other engines that blew were Jaguar XK's (Mostly Valves hitting the high compression pistons) when you exceeded 6500RPM continuously! and of course, I have wrecked a few Triumph tiger 100 motorcycle engines(they vibrate and self destruct at around 7000 RPM)

Suspect the same people who cheer clap when waiters drop their plates. Never really got that.

To cheer or clap when a waiter drops plates I don't think is cynical. I think is pretty much a public gesture of sympathy.

Whether the same applies when an engine pops its clogs I don't know. I hope it's not cynical. Otherwise the same people would be going round and applauding RTCs and people injured in them. Not good.