What is the coolest car related job

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What do you reckon is the coolest car related job?

Mechanic to the Subaru WRC team? F1 Driver? Rally Driver? TopGear presenter? Car Magazine journalist? Taxi Driver? Ferrari Road tester?

Do you think it would bore you doing it every day?

definately a rally driver or at least a mechanic for a rally team

a top gear presenter would be amazing though with all the cars you get to drive and all the tasks

well being one a mot tester as all them cars have to have a mot and it does say in the book if you think you need a test drive you can take it out and you have to drive as you have to fill for knocks ect
and all the scoobys and evos are 4wd so can put them in the rollers so they have to go out on the road

but you cant have them cars in every day as it will got boring

I think a cool job, would be being one of ITV's F1 presenters or commentators.

Yep, I'd like to be a driver, but I'm not that talented behind the wheel. I could be a mechanic but that means doing some proper work.

Nope, live to loaf. I want Mark Blundell's job. BBC, are you listening?

I think it would be really cool to work in a Ferrai or Lamborghini dealership. I just know Id be too busy doing test drives than selling the cars though :lol::lol:

Top Gear presenter would be pretty cool...or like Massive said, Pimp My Ride would be cool to work on. I'd like to test new cars, that would be fun!

Alex, my son, works for Geoff Page Racing in Maldon, Essex.

Plays with Porsches, RS200s, Ex F1 cars, Rally Pugs, etc. Most recent was an Ex Group B Metro R64 rally car. A couple of weeks ago he was paid to crew for a Porsche at Brands Hatch. Not bad for a real life job at 20 with no mechanical qualifications - must be in the genes :)

One downside is that now he has been taken for a spin in a 'proper' car (fully set up RS200 Evo) everything else is SOOO slow.

I'm quite envious of David Richards. Think about it; he owns Prodrive (so plenty of engagement with Subaru, Porsche, etc) and he's co-owner of Aston Martin... So he doesn't have to race or drive for a living but he is involved with the coolest cars on the planet and has enough money for whatever takes his fancy. I can think of worse jobs ;)