What have you bought you car today?

2012-10-20170512.jpg

:)

Last edited:
most will as its very similar to the likes of supagurad or duraguard what ever they want to call it.
but because it basically becomes a hard wearing coating rather than a wax you really need to make sure the prep is correct. this is where most garages go wrong. IMO alot just whiz round with a polisher to make it look nice and shiny then applied over the top. due to the oils in the polish it wont bond to the paint as well plus when its in the sun you can normally see buffer trails all over it. the dad in laws car is a disgrace especially when it cost him close to £300 when he bought the car. told him i would need the car for a couple of days to try and rectify it

although i havent technically bought it yet, i do have first dibs on a fibre glass EVO 6 style bonnet and its coming off a car the same colour as my own. that should more than make up for the extra weight of the glass headlights i fitted on sunday. plus it will help with letting hot air escape!

^^^ Well call your middle name "Lucky" fibre glass bonnet and it just happens to be the same colour as your car :blink: stuff like that never happens to me :sad2:

lucky for me, not so lucky for the seller who had his car stolen and is expecting the insurance company to write it off. £200 instead of the £500 odd for a brand new one that would then need spraying and presumably all the fittings, washer jets and piping etc. it should solve the under bonnet heat problem anyway and more than lose the extra weight of swapping to glass headlights. there is quite a difference between JDM and UK headlight weights

New engine, gearbox, torque converter, oil, power steering fluid, anti freeze, atf, and still don't know if I need a new turbo yet.

Think that covers it all atm lol.