Bought a lemon

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Have you ever bought a lemon car?

(For all those that take things literally and you know who you are! I'm not talking about the colour of flavour of the car! Rather it refers to an unreliable dog of a car which just has things that keep going wrong with it.)

So what are your lemon car experiences? I'm sure we all have them!

I bought an Astra without seeing on the strength of a friend. The sills were non existent they were so rusty and the front suspension arm had almost rusted through, the disks were warped and cracked and the exhaust starting blowing a week after I got it home.

My Rover 220 GTi was a fun car but ended up in the garage every 200 miles when things kept breaking on it. 2 Engines and a gearbox later it was still giving me trouble.

A long long time ago and it was a Rover 2200 TC. What a complete load of rubbish that was, it looked great with yellow bodywork a black vinyl roof and the spare wheel on the boot lid - that was the only thing right about it.

Unfortunately, my MG ZR was a bit of a lemon.

Ever since the day I bought it home it gave me issues. First day back at mine, the damn car wouldn't start. Turned out the alternator regulator went. I should have asked for my money back, once I figured it out. The ladies son came out and fixed it for me.

1 month later, lost all heat to the cabin, turns out a valve had corroded and blocked the pipes to the heater matrix.

a few days after the thermostat went

2 months later the head gasket went!

thermostat went again and then the final straw was the clutch that went. Replaced it myself which was fun!

Then bought the Mini which I haven't had a single issue with!

My Mondeo zetec s.
In 9 months 3 wheel bearings,coil pack,ht leads,fuel pump,needed a steering rack.
About a month before I got rid of it the carpets were soaked and stayed that way I could not dry them out.
I owned this car for 9 months which is the shortest period ever for me.

One springs to mind, Renault 5. Was a stop gap car, more stop than anything! Head gasket blew three times in 2 months. The last time it went I managed to drive it straight into a scrapyard and threw them the keys!

My first car, a 106 was a real dog. The gearbox was filled with sawdust and needed replacing, then the clutch went, then the brakes all failed and discs needed replacing. I then cracked a piston, blew the head gasket cos it overheated due to a faulty water pump impeller and I ended up scrapping the car 8 months later!

My first car, a 106 was a real dog. The gearbox was filled with sawdust and needed replacing, then the clutch went, then the brakes all failed and discs needed replacing. I then cracked a piston, blew the head gasket cos it overheated due to a faulty water pump impeller and I ended up scrapping the car 8 months later!
They saw you coming didn't they! That's one to chalk up to experience.