water / floods

lutonmatt

The Torque Meister
Car
82 trans am kitt
was out today in the landrover manly to find some flooded roads to play on
but unless you have a 4x4 with all the gear on it
dont try it at home or on the road

when i was there was a chap who was waiting for the aa as he had just been pulled out as he went to drive through got half way and found it was way to deep for his little corsa think he managed to get out of the middle and into a bit that was not so deep before it stoped on him

as his trousers were only wet up to just above his knees

when i went through it was up to the top my wheel arches and i have a 2in lift and bigger tyres
was told it was about 4.5 ft deep this morning

so remeber if you see a puddle like that to think about it first might be deeper then you think only needs a bit of water to go in your intake to stop your engine

nope should be the opposite. diesels generally can run when in water providin g the elecrics are protected. remember youve not to worry about wetting the distributor/coils as no spark is needed.

however water getting into the engine will cause major damage to both

if you want to go throu water in your motor like i do as i have the snokel fitted as long as water does not go down the intake i can go as deep as i wish or dare as i have the old diesel were nothing is controled by electrics
new ones you have to watch out for but still better then a petrol

as a petrol once you get the dissy or coils wet thats about it

but have found you are better getting water in a petrol engine then a diesel engine
cases i have worked on does less damage

The Standard procedure, in the old days, when suddenly coming across a culvert swollen after flash flooding used to be to remove the fan belt, drive across, refit fan belt and drive off.The vehicle was a 1942 Low bonnet Ford Jeep(Ex War surplus)- leaving the fan belt on would spray water all over the plugs an distributor-

it was not a lake did not have any fish in lol

but was fun while it lasted but looked this morning and saw after my driving in the water i have some in my headlights now lol bad thing is i am running the hids so dont want them to blow