Vortex Performance Exhausts

M

mardi j

Hi guys

I'm new to the forum but you all seem quite knowledgeable so I hope you don't mind if I ask aa question straight away.

I've been looking to upgrade my exhaust and came across Vortex Performance Exhausts and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these. They claim to increase power by a minimum of 10% by creating a vacuum in the exhaust and therefore eliminating back-pressure. If you have had one fitted, what's the improvement like? Also, since they recomend a remap, how do you know if the increase in power and torque is just down to the remap or a combination of the exhaust and remap. I think their claims are probably true, but I'd like some independant opinions before I spend my hard earned money.

For anyone who's interested, their website is http://www.vortex-performance-exhausts.co.uk/

cheers

I'm more than a little skepticle that you can accelerate exhaust gases by causing a swirl. To create a vacuum as claimed you need to pull the gases out and my understanding of the laws of physics say this is impossible without some kind of mechanical device.

A venturi type arrangement may indeed accellerate the flow but the minute it opens out the flow will slow up again.

The powergains quoted are the sort of gains you would see from any sports exhaust and remap IMHO with most of the gain coming from the remap.

these sound alot like the votex fuel saver devices. you put it in your intake and it creates a tornado like funnel with the air to get more air in and decrease fuel usage and increase power. almost every non-advertisement review of those says its false and are worthless. don't have any experience with the exhausts though. just an fyi for ya.