Thinikng of gettin a Vortex Creator...

BAD63R

Authorised Trader
Car
MG TF135
I've been looking into these little gismos and the various forms they come in such as a simple shark fin style roof spoiler to huge fins built into a boot spoiler.

I managed to find a demo video of them trying these things out in a wind tunnel and bloody they do work really, really well. The spoilers obviously create more of a Vortex but can resault in loosing power due to drag. So instead I looked into the roof spoiler ones and was very impressed.

The ones I have been looking at are as follows and as I've decided to start replacing pannels with real carbon fibre, I might invest in a Carbon Vortex roof spoiler. But would like your oppinions please as these seem to be a good investment to stop people gaining on you if they are sitting in your boot lol ;)

This is a shot of the exact one I would have in Carbon:-

roofspoiler1.jpg

What do you reckon then peeps?

Not sure to be honest, not my sort of thing unless like you say, makes a huge difference. My only concern would be how long before it gets seen on barryboys as fitted to all chavmobiles.

I know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but if done badly it justs ruins the original, just look how Burberry suffered.

I have seen these on the EVO and it looks a bit odd. Each to their own I say!

I actually quite like then but on the right car. A 1.0 shopper would just look wrong. If Rallyart are fitting them as standard then there must be a reason. It might even help a bit with fuel economy;)

I actually quite like then but on the right car. A 1.0 shopper would just look wrong. If Rallyart are fitting them as standard then there must be a reason. It might even help a bit with fuel economy;)

The reason might well be that rallyart is being paid to fit them so that we go out and buy 'em.