Using your mirrors

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How often and which mirrors do you use? Does it depend on how fast you are going?

I rarely use my NS mirror unless I'm moving to the left.

I then scan the right mirror and internal mirror every 30 seconds or so. I think I would be better off just alternating between these mirrors rather than doing a consecutive check of both.

tbh mate i dont think you can you can check your mirrors to much as alot of drivers out their dont check theirs at all

Not sure what its called but I use the main mirror in the middle of the car a lot to check the cars behind me, making sure they dont get too close!

I use the O/S mirror when entering motorways and before overtaking.
I use the N/S mirror when im parking.

However I dont check my mirror on roundabouts and before/after turning like they teach you when you first learn to drive, lol. Thats just annoying :D

Annoying but could save your life one day. ;)

Does anyone angle the NS mirror down so they can see the kerb when they are parking?

Thats just showing off!

Real drivers know where the kerb is and don't need to use a mirror to line up. :confused:

i only use the middle rear view every now and the round town use the o/s for bikes and on motorways have to remember them bikes

but as i am in a diff car every 30mins most of the time you can only see out of the rear view so thats the only one i use