Using mobiles to take photos in your car will get you in trouble

Over here it is an offence to have it in your hand not using it while driving OR while stopped in traffic.

You can hold it but can't use it in the UK. Using includes looking at the screen.

Can't see where it is draconian, Waynne, law is pretty straighforward to me. Don't use your bloody phone when in control of a car, stationary or not.

but you can use walkie talkies ?

You can, just the same as you can drink a drink or eat a sausage roll.... but they can still get you under other traffic laws anyway if they deem you to be driving without due care and attention (etc) as a result. My mum got stopped ages ago for eating whilst driving - but she just got a telling off 'on this occasion'.

You can hold it but can't use it in the UK. Using includes looking at the screen.

Can't see where it is draconian, Waynne, law is pretty straighforward to me. Don't use your bloody phone when in control of a car, stationary or not.
I'm not a big fan of blanket camera enforcement! A police officer can determine if the offence resulted in a loss of control or not! Just giving a line of motorists a ticket doesn't actually accomplish much other than raising funds.

I suppose we are talking about it though so it might be a deterrent to those stupid enough to try but I still think it's harsh to target motorists for doing this in this way.

Where's the targeting? People caught using phone whilst driving. Offence committed. Everyone knows you can't use a phone when driving so if you do then don't bitch when caught.