Drivers using 15% less fuel

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Recent stats from the AA suggest that drivers are using 15% less fuel per year and this is based on the amount of fuel consumed at the pumps.

Does this apply to you? How do you think people are doing this?
1) Driving less and using the car less
2) Driving more economically
3) Buying more fuel efficient vehicles
4) Other please state.

Supply and demand dictates the pump price should be lower but this has not happened.

The country is suffering financially as a result of us all driving too economically. The authorities need to make up their respective minds.

Environment or revenue?

While I sell remaps like hot cakes recently, I must admit most people seem to be opting for performance (both Diesel and Petrol owners) which is quite the opposite to what I would expect with current prices.

I can only assume those feeling the pinch are simply doing less miles. Cutting out the unnecessary trips, maybe getting the train to work when they'd have driven before, and for the enthusiasts just not going 'out for a blast' anymore or as often.

Well, performance maps still decrease fuel consumpsion when not driven hard, but I agree with rob, we are just driving less.... I do, I used to do about 300 miles a week about 18 months ago, now I do about 150 miles per week tops....

While I sell remaps like hot cakes recently, I must admit most people seem to be opting for performance (both Diesel and Petrol owners) which is quite the opposite to what I would expect with current prices.

I can only assume those feeling the pinch are simply doing less miles. Cutting out the unnecessary trips, maybe getting the train to work when they'd have driven before, and for the enthusiasts just not going 'out for a blast' anymore or as often.

How are things going Rob? Not heard from you in a while you must be quite busy?