Used Car ads

TommyTwinCams

Track Warrior
Car
2004 Saturn Ion 2.2
I figured I'd start a thread like this on here. On some of my other forums, there's generally a topic called "Craigslist Gold" where we share used car ads that are funny, jaw-dropping, or deserving of mockery and "WTH were they thinking"?

I'll start us off with a local ad for my area I found of a V6 powered (yes. A 3.2L V6) EF 1991 Honda Civic. I think the phrase "No replacement for Displacement" applies here.
J32 V6 Honda Civic

Among the things I've seen on craigslist include 40 inch rims on small family cars, A Camaro customized into.... I dunno what to call it, and new car prices for a 10 year old car by an insane owner who over-values a Honda Civic. That said, the level of insanity has shown me some really cool things as well.

Chevy V8 powered Datsun 280Z
Riced out Mitsubishi pickup truck

Last edited:
Some awesome finds there buddy! I'll have to see what I can dig up. Does a Pink Audi R8 count?

Did the previous engine explode in the civic? What the hell's going on with the hood??

The second one I actually thought looked ok in the first pic. Until i saw the WHEELS!!!! Jesus wept!

Wow, £23k Waynne? That's mental

Did the previous engine explode in the civic? What the hell's going on with the hood??

The second one I actually thought looked ok in the first pic. Until i saw the WHEELS!!!! Jesus wept!

Wow, £23k Waynne? That's mental

I actually researched other Civic V6 swap to figure it out. Apparently the V6 is a tall engine and is 2 inches shy of being able to fit under the hood, so many people who do the swap cut the hood or get a new one with a scoop to fit it. This guy apparently tried to make it look like the engine was so big it was trying to bust of of the Civic's body.

And if you think 23,000 pounds is expensive for a Supra, you should see American prices for Supra's and RX-7's.

Ahhh the legendry RX7, they'd be expensive in any country I'd say.

136403134BE8B2AA0FEB48

the_rotary_engine.jpg

Turbo_Rotaries_RX7_Pic.jpg

... Yea. I'm not the biggest fan of them.... pretty though.

Last edited:
Few really nice ones there, rudder and tommy, I just wonder if any body ever buy's some of the freaky weird modded cars that go gor sale?