Best fuel you've used

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Are you fussy about the fuel you use (type and brand) Octane or Cetane not petrol or diesel because that thing sort of matters quite a bit and you don't get a choice about it unless you have the one engine developed that can run on anything but as that was fitted to a tank it is pretty unlikely.

If you do happen to be the owner of the multi fuelled tank then what is your choice of fuel?

If not how fussy are you about the Gas Station you use to fill up?

Shell Vpower works well for me, noticeably so and I really try to avoid using anything else.

Shell V-Power for me without a doubt, but BP Ultimate runs a close 2nd. One day I will get into Tesco where there isn't a ruddy enormous queue to negotiate first, then I look forward to sampling a full tank of Momentum 99.

My car was dyno tuned /mapped with BP Ultimate so that is the only type of drink it ever gets.

Have thought of changing to E85 but that means more $$$$$ needed for compatible fuel lines,bigger injectors,remap on a dyno etc.

I would stick to V-Power all the time, problem is the location of the nearest station with relation to where I am when the beast is running low :( Sometimes any super unleaded will have to go in if only to get me home.

I have a 15 minute drive to my nearest Shell so I have to fill up whenever I'm near.

I would like to run half a tank to save weight and fuel but the extra refuelling trips would negate the saving i'd make.

For normal Pump Fuels V-Power is the best we have tested tested you can add a tad more ignition over the others. Unless you are mapping on an engine Dyno to its limits you would see no benefit over say BP Ultimate. Race Fuel its FTW Purple by a street.