Turbocharging a 1989 Toyota Supra NASP

Re: Hello everybody. 1989 Toyota Supra N/A

i know in the states things are cheaper but $1k for a turbo kit sounds way to cheap. i would be looking at the turbo alone costing more than that. did it include internal upgrades as well ?

It's the whole kit. The intercooler. All the piping. Everything. The brand is Ap 1 Ap 2.

And no. There are no 3.0 turbo engines here.

sounds like a cheap eastern knock off with a standard ebay cooler some pipe work at that price.

if your wanting to turbo it you will need to lower the compression as well so remember and budget for this. id say look towards around $4k to do the job yourself then you need to get it mapped

I have been looking into it and I know that I have to lower the compression. The psi is about 5 to 7 psi.

Hello and welcome, nice to meet you.

We get asked this question a lot so have a look at this thread which covers the basics of turboing a car.

I'm pretty sure it would be easier to just swap in the TT Supra engine than try to turbo a NASP one.

I have to admire your ambition though!:D
http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f101/adding-turbo-nasp-engine-15003/
Cheap turbos can be purchased from breakers yards which are ideal for a try it and see type project.:bigsmile:

Adding a turbo is a major engineering task and without a kit with full instructions and all the parts you need there is a big risk of blowing up the engine. Expect to spend 50 hours upwards on a project of this type. This is not the sort of modification unless you are mechanically competent.