2000 Toyota Solara Advice and Suggestions

JonathonC

Car
Toyota Solara 2.2L
I have a 2000 Toyota Solara SE 2.2l Automatic. Im wanting to do whatever i can to break 600 hp.

Any suggestions?
-Turbo?
-Engine Swap?
-Engine Upgrades?
-Etc????

Engine swap to the 3.3 would give a good base. 600hp is quite a target, you'll need to strengthen the engine with forged parts and definitely some form of turbo or supercharger, which will also mean lowering the compression ratio, upping the fuel delivery and tweaking the timing (an aftermarket ECU is the way to go on the Solaras IIIRC)

What is your budget?

Has anyone dropped in a Supra engine to these? It would be an easy way to get the power target and comes with a turbo already.

You read my mind Waynne! Not sure of fitment etc, for ease stick a supra auto box in - usually good for 400-500bhp (add an auto oil cooler or two) - 600 maybe a bit of an ask without wrecking the auto box tho....

The auto box would be the weak spot. The original Supra engine was over engineered so I'm sure the Supra gearbox is fairly strong but I'm not sure how far to push it.

There's plenty that run 4-500, with auto oil coolers. It's torque that kills them.