TopGear 28th June

Toss up between the Golf and the Hyundai Coupe - probably the coupe, although I'd have prefered it sans body kit - even when I was 17!

I thought it was an amusing challenge, although it ended abruptly.

i was looking forward to that episode because for once it was relevant to me!

when may pulled up in the golf i thought it was gonna be good but it just got worse as they came lol

id have gone for the golf :)

Out of those 3 I'd have the Golf. Has insurance changed over the last 20 years? My very 1st car was a 1980 'v' plate Honda Accord EX I bought for £400 quid and ran for 6 months until I got lured to the Prelude (see other posts or my photo's) From what I remember I still only paid low £300s for insurance TPFT of course! They had quotes of £8k!!!! whats that all about. My deposit on my first house was less than that, come to think of it the whole house wasn't much more:amuse:

Still prefer Fifth Gear show anyway.:D

Out of those 3 I'd have the Golf. Has insurance changed over the last 20 years? My very 1st car was a 1980 'v' plate Honda Accord EX I bought for £400 quid and ran for 6 months until I got lured to the Prelude (see other posts or my photo's) From what I remember I still only paid low £300s for insurance TPFT of course! They had quotes of £8k!!!! whats that all about. My deposit on my first house was less than that, come to think of it the whole house wasn't much more:amuse:

I think insurance has rocketed since some manufacturers offered free insurance for the first year. So loads of young people had their parents buy them brand new cars with free insurance only for them to write them off and bump the insurance for everyone else.

I think insurance has rocketed since some manufacturers offered free insurance for the first year. So loads of young people had their parents buy them brand new cars with free insurance only for them to write them off and bump the insurance for everyone else.

Glad I'm in the position of insuring a sub 6 second sprint car for less than £200 quid then. Age does have some advantages before beauty :lol:

yup i still get quotes around the £8k mark for the bora.
i insured a 1990 2ltr 12v twin cam lude 3years ago. when my renewal came through i was quoted £700 TPFT same insurance company (changed DOB by 1 day) got it down to £300. but when phoned up to tell them to change the DOB they told me i already had a policy but hey couldnt understnd how it was double what i had been quoted as verything was the same. then they went and told me it wasnt a good idea to have TPFT and i should lok towards full comp - for a 16 year old car that i bought for £300

on the show still not watched it or last weeks really need to get caught up
iplayer here i come