Do you miss the old TopGear team

When the kids were in their late teens we used to all sit around the TV on a Sunday evening with our dinners. But towards the end the kids disappeared and we tended to record and watch later, or not. I samey, predictable and silly. It had reached its natural end and the death scene was true to form. Didn't watch any of the new series as there is so much more choice these days.

You tube is nice for short byte size snippets but the quality in general is seriously lacking. The amount of videos promising one thing and when you click them you get something totally different. It's the video slideshows of car shows that wind me up. Instead of shooting a proper video report on a show people pick up pictures from around the web and make a video up from these. We'll if I wanted to see pictures of cars I wouldn't be in youtube would I?

What cars shows do you guys tend to watch regularly then?
Fast & Loud is great entertainment if you don't take it too serious. Street outlaws is much the same as Fast & Loud made to entertain. Did watch 5th Gear as it was 9000% better than Topgear but bored of that now.

And the Cardigan! @MADRod it's so cool to have your car featured on television, it must be a nice bonus for all the hard work you poured into it.

Great day but it was a bit annoying. We had gone armed with enough Power to destroy the Cosworth Topspeed record of 206.08mph BUT it was very wet as the film showed so all the runway was not used & we managed 206.00mph. It was the cars last run as I retired the car after that as I was 60. However I will attempt the record again in 2017 with a new engine.

That's pretty insane. I know 6 mph more doesn't sound like much but when you get over 200mph every single mph costs a lot more in terms of raw power. Are you doing any Aero work underneath the car? Would vortex generators make much difference along the trailing edge of the roof/rear?

Will need around 80/100bhp more to add those 6mph. No Aero work just a Ford undertray fitted like the later model Cosworth. The aim is to get my road car to set records. Its fastest Cosworth in the World & Fastest Ford in the UK although the Roush Ford GT has also run a 206mph in that distance in 2015.

What speed target do you have in mind then?
88mph_black.jpg