TopGear 19th July

Glorifying speed! Speed is fun but not on the roads. You can drive swiftly without endangering others, yourself or indeed breaking the speed limits. Track days are what cars are all about. Ok some plum with £1,000,000 got a speeding ticket in a Veyron.

Thats just funny, it's not going to make me want to go out and spend money on a Veyron to do the same thing is it! 140mph over the limit is just newsworthy just as the endless list of other stupid things people do.

Perhaps Top Gear should put a 70mph limit on there test track, enforced by a Gatso just in case?

The point Clarkson was making with the speeding ticket was the punishment - a fine. He was making a mockery of the motoring laws in this country - something the councillor in that newspaper report has reinforced quite successfully.

Any decent driver knows there is a time and a place for speed (as Top Gear show) - On a track.

Back on topic, I'm waiting for this series to improve because, aprt from the odd challenge, i've been a bit dissappointed so far. Shooting the Evo up was funny, yet upsetting!