The Truth about Eco Fuels

Puntopimp

Track Warrior
Car
1.8 TDCI Ford S-Max
Hey all Thought I should Share some info I learnt whilst training about some ECO Fuels You may or may not be aware of I will go through it in every detail for people so If you consider to convert to certain fuels you know all the info you need to know.

Bio-Diesel

Bio Diesel is known as to be environmentally Friendly this just isn't the case the ratio of Organic diesel to Fossil Fuel (Regular Diesel) is actually 10:90 and to make this bio fuel is actually VERY Harmful to the enviroment because they cut down rain forrest in brazil e.t.c. and plant rape seed on fertile land and then 2 - 3 years later the soil is ruined and will remain barron for many years. So by being 'ECO FRIENDLY' your actually doing more harm than normal diesel.

LPG (Liquid Petroleum Gas)

LPG is a interesting Concept but has a flaw. To use LPG you need a Twin Fuel tank being either Diesel or Unleaded, Lets take Diesel in this example.
For LPG To work you need to run the engine on diesel until the engine hits 30 degrees celcius before it switches to the LPG. So infact you are still having to pay the high prices of fuels PLUS the low price of LPG.

Wasn't sure if you knew these facts but I thought I should let you know about these know I have inside knowledge of the industry xD Please add anything you wish too

On the lpg front it probably takes 15 minutes to get to 30 degrees in cold weather. So 15 minutes of normal fuel and 45 minutes of lpg on an hour journey you will be saving quite a bit over a year. So imho lpg is quite a good alternative

LPG is OK but I think people will sway away from it when the price catchs up with unleaded (in the next few years) I am not denying its a good alternative just informing people about it.

That's why I put it up mate so when people go to the garage and think ooohhh bio fuel thats good for the eco system HELL NO its not :D Considering by the time the organic fuel has arrived in britain the amount of fuel used to transport it over. just counters that small 10%