That was fun - young blood eh?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I followed a young lad in a Fiesta ST along the back roads. to the next town

His car was lowered, fitted with really wide wheels, stretched and covered in stickers.

I easily kept up with him, even on the bends and despite his "hard" acceleration I was easily able to match it.

The thing was I wasn't even trying. I was still returning about 46 mpg the whole way, and no where near the limits of my car cornering or accelerating.

His engine must have been redlining most of the way and despite his lowered car it didn't seem to corner all that well, judging by how much he had to slow up and the grinding noise it made along the way at times.

Perhaps he was having more fun than I was?! Maybe!

But I bet his car felt quicker :)

What would have been interesting was if you had been in a standard standard ST.

I think it would have been quicker in the standard ST, with no bad mods and my years of driving experience! It will be an interesting case to test out!

Who could match my talent, all my friends think I'm special.

I'm not sure that is a good thing though!

from the explanation of the st it doesnt exactly sound like it was set up for performance, more along the lines of this euro scene which im no fan of. iv been in a couple of these sort of cars and they just handle terrible

a properly sorted st sticks to the road like glue and go very well for a n/a 2.0 with a few breathing mods and remap