Tells us about your best ebay bargain

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the best bargain you've picked up so far from Ebay?

I never seem to win the cars and car stuff I bid on. People keep sniping me at the last minute but I know a fair few people have got some real bargains in auctions.

Getting a real bargain is definately possible but you have to know the market inside out and be able to spot fakes from photos.

I have got quite a few bargains over the years buying clarice cliff which I used to deal in but now just collect.

Best ever was a 5 inch sugar shaker advertised on ebay a few years ago .

It was described as " possibly been overpainted" because the owner could not find the pattern in any books so had a buy it now price of £250.

I collect this stuff so bought it immeadiately as I was pretty sure I knew what it was...........

It was a very rare one off pattern which had only been discovered a year before and this was the second piece ever found.

Still have it as it is the rarest piece in my collection and worth around £3-4K

Nice wee twin processor server for the cadets. picked it up for just over £30 incuding some hard drives. got my balls chewed about it but then showed the same systems being sold missing ram and drives for over £100.

car wise my forge turbo pipe. seller on ebay was selling -vat so around £20 cheaper than next place. few negative feedback but thought ill chance it. 3 weeks later still nothing, sent 1 more message saying if i didnt hear by that night i was opening a dispute. 10mins later money was refunded.
few weeks later there was a card through the door from a courier went and picked it up one nice new turbo pipe. total cost £0
all the seller wanted was me to change my negitive feedback

A set of 5 17" wheels with brand new tyres for £60, seller had no idea how to list and on top of that had the auction ending at 2 AM....lol