Taking friends to the airport

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I have a round trip of around 140 miles to take a friend to the airport. I was just wondering what or if you would charge your friends for doing this.

In this case my friend has insisted on giving me the petrol money so I'll brim the tank and refill on my return home but I probably wouldn't bother charging anything normally but my friend really does not want to feel that he is putting me out, so we agreed that he would pay the petrol money :D.

What do you think the going rate is for an airport run?

i would do it for free for a very close friend if they needed it, but if they almost booked me for it then i would do it for petrol cost! still cheaper than a taxi

I wouldnt charge much at all, i would probably charge a tenner each way. All major airports are close to me anyway (gatwick, heathrow and standstead that is).

ive jut charged petrol money in the past.
and as ive got the largest boot its my cars thats going on holiday this year. petrol and parking are getting split 4 ways

depends where they are going on holiday

bahamas- i will charge cos im jelous and have never been there
spain- only petrol its nice but ive been there
pakistan- i wont charge at all becasue i feel sorry for them

lol see what im getting at!!!

depends where they are going on holiday

bahamas- i will charge cos im jelous and have never been there
spain- only petrol its nice but ive been there
pakistan- i wont charge at all becasue i feel sorry for them

lol see what im getting at!!!

I never thought of this. Just imagine if Taxis asked where you were going and then charged you based on your holiday destination.

The trip was actually a bit further than I thought but we got there in good time;)! I've just got to remember to pick him up when he gets back now...

LOL i would get bumped cos i like going away and soaking up the sun, went to gran caneria last year and hopefully magaluf this year, its gunna be messy!!!