Taking chances behind the wheel.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How many up of take chances when we are late?

I remember once being really late and very stressed for a very important meeting. I didn't stop at a cross roads, (cos its usually quiet) and just blasted through. Afterwards It hit me just how stupid that was.

I'm fairly reformed now but the other day I was late and felt very tempted to do some almost rekless overtaking and squeezing through:eek:

What silly chances have you taken in your shady past?

ive gone through a couple of yellow lights when i have had enough time to stop but now i think along the lines its better to get there late than not get there at all,nothing really dangerous though there is enough idiots on the roads already.im not ready to be knocking on heavens door any time soon lol.

lol i was late for work once and its an old two lane road which is one now so just drove down the old lane got to work in 5 mins normally 20 haha never done it again though

Nothing major for me in my 2 years of driving. Just driving at silly speeds in silly places when I first passed. Also taken chances by answering the phone whilst driving...almost resulted in a crash into a parked vehicle so I resist temptation now! Ahh, the things you do when you just passed your test!

I use to, as said, 17, just passed my test etc, but never with anyone in the car with me. But a year ago i started bus driving, and spending 10 hours driving, seeing how close people come to having sometimes very nasty accidents, makes you stop and think.

i drive a bit over the limit ocasionly,but i would never take a chance behind the wheel

had my share of scares,when i think back on it,im lucky to be part of this group now
dont anymore though,i think when you hit 25 you start realizing the dangers on roads

so for members who dont take chances,,fairplay
for those who dont ........
ITS BETTER TO GET THERE LATE,RATHER THAN DEAD ON TIME

a friend of my dad quoted that to me well before i got my first car
and i still remember it
catchy though isint it ??

One day last week running late to work, hit the onramp for the express way, had it to the floor, shifting like i was in a drag race when and just as i got on i noticed i was passing a cop that had someone pulled over. He had his car sitting a an angle to where the nose of his car was just out in my lane a bit. Started to get over when i realized there was a semi next to me! No where to go! Just luckly had a few inches on both sides of the car. Realizing what had just happened, i quickly slowed down to the posted limit! And would you believe i was 5 min early to work!

i was being overtaken two months ago and was hit petty bad down a dark country lane in norfolk the only good thing is that i will get good compensation ££££££ for my injurey

Sorry to hear that Trebor. I went to School in Deal,Kent with a guy called Trebor (Robert) I don't suppose that's you is it?

aside from a little speeding, i never really take chances, even when i first got my license. where i grew up kids knew cars weren't toys, you break your car, you gotta walk to work. not alot of money and the insurance didn't always pay a fair amount, so more often than not, no replacement car.

hello waynne no i didnt go to school in kent lived in barking essex went to school there sorry about that mate do you still live in kent one of my lorry driver mates lives there [deal]

I usually don't take to much chances when I'm late but I tend to take risks, drive a bit over the speed limit and, unfortunatly, sometimes cut people off (but not too serioucly) when I get bad calls from the SAR unit. But I think it can be justified since these calls can depend on minutes. In an avelance every minute counts and if there is someone badly hurt up in the mountains where the ambulance cannot go it every minute counts.

No, I dont really take chances on my bike, because there is much less chance of living if you crash on a bike rather a car.

saying that, if im late for work, I do tend to filter at every avalable instance weaving round cars and getting to the front of the que.

Passed my bike test sept 07 after 4 hours of lessons first test passed 1st time brought zzr 600 #!#!#!#!#!#! On it, sold it , but i must say that i felt more aware of what was going on around me when i was riding the bike ,cars seem to give way and i noticed how other bike riders aknowledge you

I think bikers are more aware of thier own mortality than other road users. Perhaps we should all be made to ride a bike for a month;)

I've gone through the odd traffic light when it's been changing. But never gone through on red. Unless was temp traffic lights an I could see the other side. I nearly always have my son in the car with me as he lives with me on our own, so i can't afford to take any chances....