Summer plans for your car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Summer is coming. (apperently it really is!) What are your plans for your car?

Are you going to have some work done or perhaps you are planning a mega road trip?

hopefully get it in the bodyshop for a virtual whole respray and get new louvered bonnet fitted, engine wise that will just have wait and see really

First thing first, rolling road. To see how much BHP my baby is making. Then I want a little track experiance in the start of the summer, maby go down to knockhill, then towards the back end of summer, enter a few low grade rally's. Off road only.

Everyone I have talked to have called me mad for wanting to take my car rallying! But thats what she was build for so im going to go for it!!!!

Fix and sell Civic.

BMW wise, I want some new wheels, I'm gonna swap the grill, de-lense the lights, get the body work issues sorted and maybe get some coilovers. It really needs a good clean too!

mines has been washed but thats it lol

spoke to a mate at work whos brother is in US and runs a scrapyard so hes trying to find me so GLI rear lights cheaply ( as they arnt new and coming from family theyll be marked as gift ) guessing customs are coming down harder on companies as im finding less and less willing to mark as gift now

Valet and photos looks good to me.

Might even get around to putting them on this site.

Summer is coming. (apperently it really is!) What are your plans for your car?

Are you going to have some work done or perhaps you are planning a mega road trip?

Here were are in the midst of summer,last month I changed all belts, checked radiator hoses, A/C refrigerant, A/C blower , changed radiator coolant, high pressure washed radiator fins, changed to 20W 50 oil replaced brake fluid, and changed all the Diesel filters on my Tata Indigo Marina

Just finisished the Garden and house. Garden has had the biggest change. 40 square metres of cotswold riven slabs, about 50 edging stone, 3 tonne of new golden gravel, 127 plants, new path layed aswell, and new huge Pavillion bought and erected. Already been outside in it at night a few times lol.

So now that is all done and dusted, I can get on with the car. First thing is to do the usual 6 coats of polish (different sorts and stages) for the beginning of year. Theres on spot of rust appeared on the rear arch that I need to get done. Fit the bloody silly cams that are floating around gathering dust, new cambelt, water pump, oil pump and gaskets. Fit the newer springs. Fit the spoiler and get some slightly lower profile tyres.

The usual prep for summer with me is a nice proper clean and a vax, summer tires go on next weekend hopefully and perhaps take a few photos afterwards.

Planning on a few roadtrips this summer as the band is beeing booked here and there over the country.

Hope to start changing the ICE setup but that will take some time since I don't have the money to finish it up all at once

I am after 400bhp out of my baby. Once I sell my old car, I am thinking of spending the money on a new set of cams, a turbo off an evo 9 and another map? Money well spent? I should have about 2k to buy the parts and labour is not a factor as my mate (who owns a car garage) will do it for mates rates ;). Is this a good idea? I already have the usual upgrades for my car.... sports exhaust straight off the turbo, turbo timer, boost control system, k+n box filter ect ect.

I am after 400bhp out of my baby. Once I sell my old car, I am thinking of spending the money on a new set of cams, a turbo off an evo 9 and another map? Money well spent? I should have about 2k to buy the parts and labour is not a factor as my mate (who owns a car garage) will do it for mates rates ;). Is this a good idea? I already have the usual upgrades for my car.... sports exhaust straight off the turbo, turbo timer, boost control system, k+n box filter ect ect.

Aye nothing wrong with that! Go for it imo.

Need to get the car ready for Le Mans. Soooo much to do it's not even funny I know I won't have it at the stage I want it for the trip :( Making a conscious effort to get the Comp MO's refurbed this week and need to find some bolts to bolt the Wilwood bells to the rotors.

I have been looking cams for my motor and I have been advised that Brian Crower 272 are the way to go. As I'm an idiot with these things, are these any good? Or are there some better in that sort of price range?