Subwoofer help

bigdanny185

Wrench Pro
Car
Daewoo Matiz
Hey guys I have a sub and amp in the back of my car but my battery doesn't last when I have it on. Any chance I can put another battery in the boot and wire up the sub and amp to that? If so any idea how it works

Hey guys I have a sub and amp in the back of my car but my battery doesn't last when I have it on. Any chance I can put another battery in the boot and wire up the sub and amp to that? If so any idea how it works

All you need mate is a power cap. Does it drain the battery when the engine is running?

Get the biggest capacity battery, up the alternator so it can maintain the 13 volts charge rate under full load and you should be ok. The Power cap will stop the peak power drain that dims your lights on the low frequency bass notes.

could be a knackered battery mate, mines used to fail to start if it had sat for a few days.

regards the amp did you use the termial fork connectors or just the bare wire ?
reason im asking i dont normally bother with the connectors however when i 1st wired it into the bora i had a single strand from the remote terminal touching the battery one. meant it was on all the time

could be a knackered battery mate, mines used to fail to start if it had sat for a few days.

regards the amp did you use the termial fork connectors or just the bare wire ?
reason im asking i dont normally bother with the connectors however when i 1st wired it into the bora i had a single strand from the remote terminal touching the battery one. meant it was on all the time

That wire goes to your head unit... I've re-done loads of friends installs cause this is what they have done. But if you put the remote wire straight to you battery the amp will be on all the time. Put it to your head unit and the amp will turn on and off with your head unit. Easy enough job it's usually the blue wire on the back of your stereo....:D