Speed limits on country roads

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you think that the current 60 mph limit on countryroads is to fast?

Would it make sense to lower all roads in the country to 40 mph ?

Should not be long now
coffee.gif
I feel a warning needs to be placed on this one

minefield2.jpg
;)

I think its down to the driver. I live in the country and drive to the conditions. 60 ;) in some places and as low as 30 in some places. Thing is most of the time if you go to fast round a corner, youre not going to hit anyone else, youre just going to roll it into a ditch, only damaging your own wallet. If it were to be lowered to the lowest speed on the road then youd have to put it down to 10. You have to creep round some corners in my area they are that narrow and blind.
I can only see that lowering the limit will annoy people getting stuck behind people. It wont be enforced so no point.

You can slap a speed limit of 150mph it won't make a difference, its the what the road and conditions allows you to do and most lanes round here are so narrow with high hedges that anything over 40mph would be suicidal anyway. Especially when there's farm machinery, horses, cyclists and walkers using the roads too. :)

He said it much better.

The problem is people who think they have to do 60. Mainly youngsters. Better education is what is needed.

Honest question here. If you live in a city, do you only do city driving when youre learning, or do you get out onto country roads a bit?

The speed limits should be left as they are imo there is nothing positive to gain
by changing the current limits.

IMO - Its more to do with driver ability than a posted limit. perhaps driver education is the key here rather than a mandatory drop.