Some pics of my modified mini

hi all, my names sam, im 19, and own a 1988 mini jetblack, which i use for mini shows and trackdays, ive done hill climbing, and am planning on having a go at dragracing :p.

at the moment its got a 1293cc, with a fairly lairy cam, race spec cylinder head, straight cut drop gears, twin carbs, 3.65 fd, 10row oil cooler.

suspension wise, spax adjustables all round, adjustable ride height all round, heavy duty adjustable tierods, adjustable bottom arms. 12" revolution wheels, with yokohama a539 tyres. brakes are 8.4" disc, with grooved and crossdrilled discs, yellow stuff brake pads.

heres a pic in an industrial estate i use to play in

aylesford.jpg

a pic of me playing around on test hill

DSC_0590.jpg

my ground clearence between the sump guard and deck

sumpguaranddeck.jpg

my engine bay

clearenginebay.jpg

an interior pic

seats.jpg

so what you all think? :p

Re: thought i would introduce myself, and show some pics of my modified mini

Howdo buddy. Your post got caught in the mod queue as you require 10 posts under your belt until you can upload pics and or links. I've approved it for you this time mate.

Welcome to the forum.

hey and welcome to the site mate.
like minis

are you sticking with the original 1.3 engine or looking for a lairy swap ?

ive just finished building a very lairy one, that should put out over 100bhp. its a 1330cc, with an 84mm stroked crankshaft, so probably 1370ish, fully lightened and balanced bottom end, swiftune sw10 cam, race spec cylinder head, 12.5:1 compression ratio, twin carbs, straight cut gears, 3.65 final drive, so should be a farily torquey lil thing.

Greetings and Welcome! ;)

Looks nice, welcome to the forum. Is that Brooklands?

Welcome to the site, your car looks awesome. I think this should be copied to the gallery thread.Mods?

What is the full spec of your car? Is it a hillclimber mainly then?

The VXR brand manager has built himself a mini,but it's got a rather potent REDTOP fitted.

Copied to projects forum! Nice car, looks like a lot of work has gone into it. Keep up the good work and please keep us posted with updates on the car in this projects thread.

Nice. I just increased the clearance in mine. It was 8 cm. Had to cut the headers to raise the exhaust. Now, after the skid plate, I have 12 cm.