Sharing your pride and joy with others

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you mind letting people borrow, use or drive your car?

What about when you leave it with a garage or posh place with valet parking do you mind?

Are you protective? What about letting your other half drive it? Have you been tempted to install a black box or camera?

I'll let any family member drive my cars
Apart from my sister but only because she is so used to an auto box she can no longer drive a manual confidently
And I have to be in the leon with the wife just to tell her to slow down quite often I've looked over at the speedo and she's been way over the posted limit

It has crossed my mind a few times when leaving it with a garage. I reckon a lot of places would rag the hell out of your car and you wouldnt have a clue.
Have been tempted to install a camera to be sure that the car isnt being abused. My new car has a switch which is hidden away with different presets for the ecu with one set as valet mode. Basically it limits the amount of revs in any gear so they cant rag it.

Mine has a boost guage with a memory . You can set it to zero and then see what the max boost was used while the car was away.
I can usually tell though - if the driver starts gibbering like an idiot then he probably found the full boost switch.

I used to let the wife drive the 320bhp Focus and she loved it. Problem for her now she's got her own car is that she bought a Ford Ka 1.2 and it has no power and it's doing her head in. I think she needs to get it traded in tbh. She doesn't drive mine now as it's vastly too big for her. Lol

If my car goes into a garage for anything, I tend to stick about! :lol:

I've let my girlfriend drive it and let her redline it, I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it.

I've let a few good friends drive my car and my little brother on a private road he is only on a provisional.

I am fussy about who I allow behind the wheel of the beast.
My regular detailers, two special garages and one or two friends, that's about it really.

The Cossie has been driven by my Son, Tuner & Myself in 17 years so yes im fussy about who drives it. The only time it had work done by another Tuner to fit the Jag diff my Tuner removed the cams & fitted a rather nasty set to confuse a rival Tuner. He said they will measure the cams to see what is fitted. My Tuner is more fussy than i am to protect his builds.