Renault laguna needs MORE!

ditto121

I've got a laguna phase1 2.0 RTI, my girlfriend doesn't want to get rid of it as she wants babies so my m3 evo is out the window.
Is there any fast engines that would fit or mods which i could do to make a big difference? the engine only has 50k so it will last a while, or i dont mind swapping it.

cheers

The first issue we need to address here is obviously your relationship with your woman.. Are you sure you wanna be walked over like that?! The best mod I can think of is voice-box surgery. With minimal key-hole surgery you can modify her to have a mute button on a remote control which can stop annoying whining.

But if thatsd not an option, why not go for fast-road cams and a remap.. If you aren't looking to spend that much you could just give your car some breathing mods. ie. Closed induction kit, stainless exhaust system form the exhaust manifold back.

I like your thinking but i don't think there is anything that could actually mute a womans mouth, they just make noise. Like that rattle in your car that annoys everyone round the world.

I've got £3000 to spend on it so i wanna do alot. Plus I was driving back from the pub yesterdat and got done by an astra gte and was not happy.

Do you know of any companies who sell performance parts like cams, turbos for a luguna phase 1, i've looked everywhere.

Hows it going? You could drop in the v6 Laguna engine? I can't find any turbo conversion kits out there either for the Laguna and I have done a pretty thorough search.

I drive a 94 RXE 2.0 8valves, with 168k kilometers, all original engine.

I use a cold air intake with a RACECHROME sport filter, and a higher flow exhaust system that I made Myself.

It gains like 20 HP, but it only shows after 4000 RPM, so get used to get kicked around by some 1.8 original Astra or other smaller engines with a shorter gear ratio.

Well, i live in Brazil, travel a lot with the car...... at 100 MPH / 160 KMH on the roads that´s when you feel the extra power........the car rides smooth, and always ready for that extra push when you floor it......I made the needle reach 220 KMH in a nice smooth descending part of the road that goes to the Southern States.

No kits are available here as well, so you have to make or adapt anything you want.

There´s a shop here that designs supercharger kits, none for Lagunas, but I´ll se if a custom one sounds good to them.

It would cost like 2000 USD$, or R$4000 down here, ready and installed.

I´m rolling there tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Hi lowmdcbass welcome to the site - really nice to have you along - your car sounds good. I'm sure that the parts will become available in Brazil - tuning seems to be taking off all over the world.

Here it is, it was an open track day at INTERLAGOS.

DSC04509.jpg

DSC04489.jpg

What a nice day that was!!

Thanks for the welcome, i loved this placed.

It looks like you had the track to yourself. I bet that was a fantastic day - the car looks good too and I like the wheels.

hi i have fitted a full stainless steel exhaust and sports cat. not sure about Hp increase but torque is up at bottom. this is harder to gain than HP. got mine done in plymouth by a custom build company. noise is higher but how much is due to sports cat or better flowing silencers is down to debate. drove from cornwell to stirling in scotland and noise wasn't a big issue. hope this helps.