Renault Laguna 2 GT, 2.0T questions

Theros

Wrench Pro
Car
Renault Laguna 2 GT
Maybe someone here can help me further with my investigations and coming project.

I am looking for minor adjustments to be done. I am going to change IC+piping, exhaust system, reprogramming...(something else???) I have place where I will get new software. Where I will get rest of those parts?

I have tried to use google, but nothing this far.

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars. Parts are not easy to find for the Laguna 2.0T. You may have to get a bit inventive and use generic piping and get a custom IC made up to suit your application.

Try motorsport places like Burton and see what they turn up. Did they also use this engine in the VelSatis? If so there might be some parts for that you can use.;)

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars. Parts are not easy to find for the Laguna 2.0T. You may have to get a bit inventive and use generic piping and get a custom IC made up to suit your application.

Try motorsport places like Burton and see what they turn up. Did they also use this engine in the VelSatis? If so there might be some parts for that you can use.;)

Oh...I am not sure about that Vel Satis thing...I have to check that. Do you think that there are bigger IC in Vel Satis? Or is there some other parts that can be used?

I will ask from Burton...maybe they can help me with this thing. If you have other suggestions, please inform me :).

If you search for custom intercooler fabricators i'm sure you'll find something. Bigger is not always better when it comes to intercoolers though so bear this in mind.

An Impreza sizes FMIC will probably be more than enough.

Do you know if your car can be remapped? If so this would be your best mod.s

If you search for custom intercooler fabricators i'm sure you'll find something. Bigger is not always better when it comes to intercoolers though so bear this in mind.

An Impreza sizes FMIC will probably be more than enough.

Do you know if your car can be remapped? If so this would be your best mod.s

Ok. I will look what I will find. Is there measurements from original IC available? There a lot of work before I can take measurements from my car (take bumber, radiator etc before I can see cooler).

My car is remapped, but there is problem...injection fault text appears and then I have to restart engine before I can continue (I am not sure about the fault code yet) when accelerating fast using 3rd or 4th gear...

If I am accelerating slower then there are no problems...car is going to remapping soon and they will fix that problem. They suspected that there are too much boost pressure (1.26 bar as far as I am concerned). I have greddy Profec B Spec II in my car (I am using it to show boost pressure). Boost pressure is being taken before IC.

Burton Car Company...you were speaking about...they are focusing 2CVs...right?

Last edited:
http://www.burtonpower.com/ - Burton motorsport is a good place to start off.

I guess it could also be a fuelling issue, extra boost needs to be matched with fuel and exhaust rate. A good remapper will be able to diagnose the fault though.

http://www.burtonpower.com/ - Burton motorsport is a good place to start off.

I guess it could also be a fuelling issue, extra boost needs to be matched with fuel and exhaust rate. A good remapper will be able to diagnose the fault though.

Burton was not able to help...their answer was: We supply parts to Ford. We don't have any parts available to Renaults... :sad2: ...

Ok...I made some investigations and I find out that there is same catalysator in Megane 2 225 and Laguna 2 GT. Now I am looking for sport cat or decat pipe for reasonable price...any ideas?

Burton was not able to help...their answer was: We supply parts to Ford. We don't have any parts available to Renaults... :sad2: ...
Sorry mate, I didn't realise that. I've seen thier sponsor logos on lots of cars including Toyota and Renault - my bad. I'll know for next time.

Sorry mate, I didn't realise that. I've seen thier sponsor logos on lots of cars including Toyota and Renault - my bad. I'll know for next time.

no prob :) ....

I am investigating all parts and there seems to be problems after I clear out one... now spark plugs. I am looking for iridium park plugs... original type is: NGK PFR7Z-TG and what is type of iridium spark plug?

I wouldn't bother with Iridium myself on this engine, they have a longer llife but will not make more power a spark is just a spark.

I wouldn't bother with Iridium myself on this engine, they have a longer llife but will not make more power a spark is just a spark.

Yep. I have to change spark plugs anyway, so I thought that maybe I should try iridium.

Don't expect miracles other then a 40,000 mile useful lifespan and you'll be happy;)
yup :) .

So...this far...Mitsubishi EVO original fron mount intercooler fits to Laguna and only few mods need to be done.

Megane 225 camshaft can be used (there seems to be parts available into Megane, but not to Laguna)

Megane 225 decat pipe can be used, but it would be more important to get free flow catalytic converter.

I keep searching what can be installed.

You have to use iridium/platinum plugs on the 2.0 turbo, that is a standard stock item!
As I say before, this is an odd ball car, not many tuners and virtually no trick bits for sale.
If your not good at making universal parts match up, forgedaboudit. Cobra at sheffield quoted me a starting price of around 700 for a sports system cat back exhaust, like I said, forgedaboudit.:( Its D.I.Y. only for me and a remap, and you wont get many answers on here either unfortunately.

700 quid for a exhaust system seems steep but I don't know if that is par for the course over there :confused: