Pothole damage

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Has anyone suffered any damage from pot holes or poor quality road surfaces?

The AA puts this figure at 33% but I think that is a little high.

Broke nearside front spring.
Had to be replaced as a pair 380 quid.:(

Springs appear to be made of glass these days. When I got into cars in the 70s springs basically didn't break, unless you were rallying and even then rarely.

I guess a combination of heavier cars and cheaper materials.

Springs appear to be made of glass these days. When I got into cars in the 70s springs basically didn't break, unless you were rallying and even then rarely.

I guess a combination of heavier cars and cheaper materials.

Sadly true.:(

not sure of the percentage rates but the average claim for pothole damage is £250 against councils by motorists according to a local radio station!!

My mother shattered her old saxo's left wheel. Put the spare on, took a picture of the hole and the next day was filled in!

Wifes MGF was another, rim flattened and tyre damaged. Council weren't interested as they passed the blame to the water company who were working that part of the road. They didn't want to know either so gave up as no-one would help.

Yes unfortunately, damaged one of the wheels shortly before Christmas and had to get my guy on the repairs straightaway :sad2:

Hit a pothole in my dad's old 106 and smashed a wheel. The spare was 4 stud and the car was 3 stud. Haha.

Snap. The councils didn't want to know at all.
Hole in question.
turbonutter69-albums-my-cars-picture2760-sodding-hole.jpg

And the wheel.
turbonutter69-albums-my-cars-picture2761-damage.jpg

Wifes MGF was another, rim flattened and tyre damaged. Council weren't interested as they passed the blame to the water company who were working that part of the road. They didn't want to know either so gave up as no-one would help.

Submitting yet another claim to the CC for distortion of suspension geometry. Every time they tell me that they have statutory defence entered. This is the fifth year in a row.

Just discuss small claims procedures and you'll get your car repair costs met in a heartbeat.

The beureaucrats will witter on about procedure - no issue - stick to your guns