Pothole related damage

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
The flipping potholes around are causing all sorts of damage to peoples cars. My airbag light has come on due to a cable under the passenger chair jarring lose.

I just wonder how many other problems have been caused by road shocks and vibration.

I'm also pretty sure my exhaust has become damaged due to vibrations too but I need to get under the car to verify this. :evil:

Dont get me started on pot holes, the amount of potholes there are around where I live is ridiculous. Lowering the car didn't help either =[

Smashed alloy last christmas day.
There is that many potholes round this way it's like having mobile chicanes in the road and council just can't keep up with it.

It's mainly down to years of underfunding and neglect. Adding more patches is only a temporary fix.

I started this thread because I believe that a lot of car related problems are due to excessive road shock and vibrations from poor surfaces, a lot of drivers haven't made this connection yet.

About 50mm down on the front on coilovers doesn't mix with potholes. I'll drive all over the road like a lunatic to avoid them, don't give a fooook it's not my fault the roads are not in as good condition as I pay for them to be.

The patches just rip straight out again.

About 50mm down on the front on coilovers doesn't mix with potholes. I'll drive all over the road like a lunatic to avoid them, don't give a fooook it's not my fault the roads are not in as good condition as I pay for them to be.

The patches just rip straight out again.

Ah, but you don't pay ANYWHERE near enough to have the roads in a condition you would like.

Ah, but you don't pay ANYWHERE near enough to have the roads in a condition you would like.

Not personally, but with all the tax we pay collectively you'd think we could drive down a road without having to swerve around a pot holes every few yards.

Not personally, but with all the tax we pay collectively you'd think we could drive down a road without having to swerve around a pot holes every few yards.

Agreed. Where's all this road tax going then? Because they sure as hell aren't making a decent attempt at fixing the roads round by me, or in Morecambe or in Darlington for that matter.

apparently you can write a letter to the council stating the damge caused by the pot holes in your area, and i heard that some one got compensated because they complained, might be worth giving it a go. you never know, but the pot holes in my area are a joke, and i cant believe they have been left for this long and not been filled in. thats why when i get this jeep i can cruise right through them lol

apparently you can write a letter to the council stating the damge caused by the pot holes in your area, and i heard that some one got compensated because they complained, might be worth giving it a go. you never know, but the pot holes in my area are a joke, and i cant believe they have been left for this long and not been filled in. thats why when i get this jeep i can cruise right through them lol

Not all councils accept liability. I'm trying to do just that and they are having none of it.

It's mainly down to years of underfunding and neglect. Adding more patches is only a temporary fix.

I started this thread because I believe that a lot of car related problems are due to excessive road shock and vibrations from poor surfaces, a lot of drivers haven't made this connection yet.

Here in Bangalore, we have potholes and speed bumps galore, damage to the underchassis components have to be seen to be believed! Bent rims are common, and these days I fit steel rims to all my cars as these only bend not break, and can be straightened out if not too badly out of shape