Poor Fox.

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
So i'm sat at home the other night around 11 or so Pm. I was blasting on Gt5 when I heard a smash outside and what sounded like glass smashing on the road.
So I get up and go outside to have a gander and I find a dead fox right in the middle of the road and no car to be seen.
So I go get a spade and move it off the road so it didn't get splattered all over the road.
Anyway moved the fox then noticed half of the cars bumper down the road a bit and a numberplate.
Obviously speeding due to the damage caused. Done a quick search and it came back with a Vw Golf.
The car is insured so I wondered why they didn't stop to check the damage to the car.

Anyone else ever hit a fox?
I came close last night but I was only doing 30mph so I was able to brake and slow down in time.
Would you stop or just carry on?

I've never hit a fox, they're too quick for me, but i have hit a badger, they are heavy little buggers this one must have weighed 40/50lbs or something, it stoved the front valance in and snapped the joint where the steering column meets the front cross member (this was in a pre-face lifted nova) i hit it at about 40mph and he got up and ran away with no injuries at all, my car was a mess but i think he did me a favour if i'm honest, never had much love for that nova anyway :lol:

I'd stop. Have you reported this incident to the police? Do foxes count the same as dogs? I know if you hit one these need to be reported.

I have actually hit a badger, which was not nice and it made a big mess of the cars bumper and suspension on one side. I stopped and checked it was dead before driving off.

No didn't phone the police. Was going to but was unsure on the reply I would have got.
Don't think there is a legal requirement to stop but i'm unsure on that.

For something so small it certainly did alot of damage to the car.

I think they've learnt their lesson and your right there is no legal requirement to report killing vermin with your car. Although a driver in this instance may face a charge of driving without due care and attention.

I've taken a few birds into the front grill... one quite sizable bird managed to smash the lower plastic grill and ended up wedged in the front of the car to be slowly cooked by the oil cooler.

Only seen the remains of splattered one's on the road, have yet to pull one away from my front grill due to my spirited driving! :)