Poor standard of observation

misenthrop

Torque Junkie
Car
Rover Vitesse
Today on my way to work the standard of observation by most drivers was pitiful.

We were approaching a junction from a narrow road. There were pockets of cars parked up on our road narrowing the road to 1 car width.

I WAS THE ONLY driver who left gaps to enable oncoming cars to get through. EVERYONE else in front and behind me blindly closed up the gap keeping to the car in front.

Did they really think that they would get to the junction sooner? It actually delays everyone because the traffic gets backed up and everyone ends up taking longer to get to their destination!

I hope noone on here suffers from poor observation.

I know, on my way this morning, every one was driving at 30, thats fine, but because they were driving at that speed they believe they can sit 3'' behind the car infront. Idiots. I alsways leave at least 3-4 car lenngths in the snow.

but why doesn't anybody take driving seriously anymore? most think they're rally drivers and totally infalable, and almost all think they're above the law. how many people have you seen with phones to their ears since it was banned?

Seen a lorry driver on phone last night.He should have seen that episode of traffic cops when a lorry killed someone as he was on motorway using mobile phone.

Too many drivers have no perception of speed either, so many times I am travelling on a main road and can see a car approaching from a side road only to continue and pull out in front of me, forcing me to brake and crawl behind them, grrr! Also had those mentioned when totally oblivious to what is going on around their little bubble.

Too many drivers have no perception of speed either, so many times I am travelling on a main road and can see a car approaching from a side road only to continue and pull out in front of me, forcing me to brake and crawl behind them, grrr! Also had those mentioned when totally oblivious to what is going on around their little bubble.

SOmething similar caused my major RTC last year. But this driver drove across my path and then stopped in front of me - side on. Hence the 55mph plus collision. How retarded is that?