picks of my engine bay

The engine and turbo :)

20120803_162241.jpg

20120804_100612.jpg

Wow... That is a massive turbo! Whats it rated too? Engine looks solid.

More than hes going to run with it ;)

It is massive, holset turbo are a devision of Cummings I believe,
So usually some like that would end up on a lorry....lol

Its basically a medly of group b sounds.....when its coming toward you it sounds like a delta s4 then when its going away its sounds like an auid quattro....awesome...

First photo, are there sparks infront of the offside wheel?
Well noticed mate, yes, I thought it was my tyre rubbing on the arch until I saw that pic, on further investigation it would seem that on hard acceleration on a left hand bend the Supercharger pulley is rubbing on the chassis rail (Now cured with some judicious adjustment with a big hammer).

More than hes going to run with it ;)

It is massive, holset turbo are a devision of Cummings I believe,
So usually some like that would end up on a lorry....lol

:amazed: Thats mental. Can't wait for the new engine to go in.

The track looks like loads of fun, and loving the flames! :)

Good luck with that claymore, I would love to go but not sure if her indoors will let me come out to play two weekends on the go :sad2:

Update time:

New GT28 hybrid fitted, so no more smoke :), the down side is that in my eagerness to go for a test drive, I forglot to close the bonnet pins (yes I know), so all I saw

was a fiberglass bonnet flying majestically over my head :(
20120922_142544_zps681d195c.jpg

20120922_142552_zps97d33459.jpg

So Sunday was spent reinforcing it and getting it into some sort of presentable state again
20120922_164240_zps5d56cd9f.jpg

20120923_134130_zps6d462e1f.jpg

20120923_134056_zps79a2e2fb.jpg

But this morning I poped over to Coalville to pick up the last piece of the Engine transplant jigsaw :)
20120925_142255.jpg

20120925_142329.jpg

Cannot believe the luck you have had with that bonnet young man, maybe you should fit a bonnet switch linked to a light or buzzer ;)

Glad your OK after that little scare though claymore, so when is the next instalment being fitted then?

Yep I have a switch to display a light if the bonnet isn't shut, but you know what it's like (I'll do that next week...lol). No more changes until I do the big upgrade in January.

Do you have any reason to suspect a blockage in the charge cooler clay or is it just a process of elimination?
When I changed from the TD04 turbo to the garrett, I also changed from my tmic to the charge cooler, I have never been able to get the boost I expected, so now that it has a new turbo, the only thing left is thre charge cooler.

Sounds sensible to me!

Could you not plumb them into a massive intercooler? You have the turbo and S/C compound charged dont you? Should work....

Sounds sensible to me!

Could you not plumb them into a massive intercooler? You have the turbo and S/C compound charged dont you? Should work....
No, the first cooler is to reduce the temp from the Turbo into the Supercharger, if I find the Charge cooler is at fault, I'll re-comission the old top mount :)