Petrol?

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
Well I had a thought the other day about petrol prices. I think asda near me are down to 89.9p. Such a big drop in so little time but after thinking about it I'm not getting any more miles? I'm sure I should be seeing an increase of at least 5 more miles to £10 of petrol? Is it just my imagination or what? Anyone else seen this or am I going mad? lol :bigsmile:

Cheap petrol does seem to mean less miles per litre. I dont use the supermarket stuff at all partly for this reason.

If VAT comes down that will be another 2.5 p or so off a litre of fuel. IF THIS IS PASSED ON TO US!

Agreed. Stick with the big brands and you'll get more predictable results
and you will
i stick with shell, now known as topaz over here (tax dodgers!)
i miss the v-power

but regardless of that
when the petrol was high priced, for 20 euro, i got 6 fuel cells in my car
now i get 8 cells, which is close to half a tank
and i get way more miles

it does pay to stick with a good known company

Last edited by a moderator:
and you will
i stick with shell, now known as topaz over here (tax dogging bas tards)
i miss the v-power

but regardless of that
when the petrol was high priced, for 20 euro, i got 6 fuel cells in my car
now i get 8 cells, which is close to half a tank
and i get way more miles

it does pay to stick with a good known company

Yeah I don't use supermarkets and I do notice my gauge goes up further but I just don't seem to be getting the extra miles I should be.

Yeah I don't use supermarkets and I do notice my gauge goes up further but I just don't seem to be getting the extra miles I should be.
you should, reset the trip meter and calculate it all out

with a full tank of fuel, it costs me 60 euros
i get between 550 and 600 km out of it mixed driving
thats roughly a 1 euro for 10 km, not bad considering its a 2.2

do that the next time you fill up and let me know

Will give it a go. I'll let you know when. The last time I filled her up I think I got about 390 ish miles out of it. An the tank I do believe is 60 litres. I'm sure HDI will correct me if i'm wrong? I think that works out at about 30mpg.

Yep, P11 Primera has a 60 litre tank. 29.51mpg - that's OK for that car, especailly if you're driving it enthusiastically. I still reckon it's one of the finest handling cars ever made

Agreed on the handling it's so controlable. But it can be abit tail happy if driven too enthusiastictly into a bend. But like I said it's easily controlable. Although not very good traction from a standing start.

They are utterly controllable. In 2004 I raced mine across the A57 Snake Pass against a friend in an XK8. Naturally, the XK had massive advantage on the straights (not that many though) but the Nissan outclassed it totally on the twisty stuff. The P11 chassis is a superb piece of engineering. You can take bends in the wet at 70mph that you'd not consider at 60 in the dry in many other true sports cars.

PS: I like the slight tail happiness of the P11 as it gives a pseudo RWD feel.

They are utterly controllable. In 2004 I raced mine across the A57 Snake Pass against a friend in an XK8. Naturally, the XK had massive advantage on the straights (not that many though) but the Nissan outclassed it totally on the twisty stuff. The P11 chassis is a superb piece of engineering. You can take bends in the wet at 70mph that you'd not consider at 60 in the dry in many other true sports cars.

PS: I like the slight tail happiness of the P11 as it gives a pseudo RWD feel.

I totally agree. I enjoy the back end stepping out from time to time. There is a country lane near me and a section of it has a very sharp corner. Normal speed is about 30mph around this corner "some go even slower". But on a dry day I can take the coner at about 65mph and exit it at about 70-75mph in the dry. I've been round it at 50mph in the wet an still stuck to the road.:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

I totally believe you. You'll have blood coming out of your ears from the lateral G before the tyres break traction in one of those. I drove one for 8 years and got very well acquainted with it's prodigious handling capability

I totally believe you. You'll have blood coming out of your ears from the lateral G before the tyres break traction in one of those. I drove one for 8 years and got very well acquainted with it's prodigious handling capability

An i've had it fully sideways with smoke pouring off the front tyres when i was at Cadwell Park this year. It was at the hairpin and coming out of barn corner. It's great being a marshall. I get to drive my car round the track plus I get to see the action for free.:bigsmile:

106.9 to 101.9 depending on how far you want to travel! It is enough of a difference to my mind to travel the extra 10 miles and get the cheaper fuel.

I reckon we'll be up to £1.30 by January!:eek:

Not much use to you guys but current prices in my area are petrol @ AUD $1.35 p/l and LPG for 0.47c, you virtually halve those AUD numbers to convert into UK pence.

My wife's 4.0 litre Falcon runs on LPG and, because of the price-disparity between petrol and gas, her Ford delivers the 'cost-equivalent' to petrol of around 55 mpg in typical urban use!

WOW! Can you send us over a tanker of fuel please? Pretty please!:D So we are paying twice as much as you and our roads are pretty crowded.

dunno what it was this week in the town but the somefield garage has it as 108.9 for petrol. so id say around 102.9 by the time youve got to the town

WOW! Can you send us over a tanker of fuel please? Pretty please!:D So we are paying twice as much as you and our roads are pretty crowded.
Hey Waynne, how about I send it over to you in this beautiful 'art deco' Plume petrol tanker! :love:

One of a batch designed & built by a Queensland coachbuilder in 1934.

yeah in lockerbie unleaded is the same price but get to the main town where theres more competition it back to the cheaper by around 5p super is about the same