Petrol thefts on the rise

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
With the high prices of fuel it was only a matter of time before we start to see thefts of fuel from cars. With locks on the petrol caps thieves are now stupidly drilling into the tanks and draining them that way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/17270733

Keep an eye out. The cost of repairing a damaged tank is much higher than the cost of fuel taken plus the thieves are taking a massive risk by drilling into a petrol tank itself.

Drilling into a tank isn't really a problem as you are drilling into the liquid which isn't flammable. If they drilled into the top where the fumes are then there could be a big bang!

Drilling into a tank isn't really a problem as you are drilling into the liquid which isn't flammable. If they drilled into the top where the fumes are then there could be a big bang!

Well I keep my fingers crossed for having some stupid thieves then, after a couple of them have been turned into human fireballs, then it might serve as a valuable warning to all the others that this is not a good occupation to pursue!

Well I keep my fingers crossed for having some stupid thieves then, after a couple of them have been turned into human fireballs, then it might serve as a valuable warning to all the others that this is not a good occupation to pursue!

Would serves them right, my car is parked 6 feet from my front room window and with 3 dogs anything would be heard,then they would have a doberman hanging off their backside:lol::lol:.

I mentioned this to the lads in uni t'other day. They turned around to me in disbelief, had never heard of it. I pointed them onto the articles and heard they're now hunting for garages for their cars. It's interesting to see how it seems unknown in some parts.