Perfect conditions for a spirited drive

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your "perfect" conditions for a spirited drive. Although we do not endorse speeding, driving recklessly or racing on the roads there is nothing wrong with a spirited drive on a nice twisty country road.

Here are my criterior, the car has been checked, pads, oil and water levels and tyre pressures, tyres are visually inspected as well. The road needs to be dry and fairly free of other traffic.

I prefer a nice wide A road, with plenty of run off areas and lots of challenging tight bends. - That's me set up for plenty of Smiles Per Gallon!

My main one is noone else around at all. I think it's possible to have fun in nearly any car if you know there's a clear road. If it's a powerful car you can enjoy accelerating out of the corner and down the straights, if it's a lower-powered car see how much speed you can keep through the corners.

I prefer mountain roads with no hedges, so you can see the views. A sunny winter's day, cold air to help the engine, but not too cold so there's ice.

yes more of the above please, dont live too far away from brecon, that is good run with twisty roads, long stretches and stunning views. a joy to drive in, whether its a casual scenic drive or a very spirited one.
good times !!!!! :)

early morning, dry roads and no men in blue around.

Last edited:
I like a wet country road to blast down. More concentration and skill is required to stay on the road at speed in the wet. The Focus loves these conditions though and so do I.

I like a wet country road to blast down. More concentration and skill is required to stay on the road at speed in the wet. The Focus loves these conditions though and so do I.

Ford's Focus is a firm handling and very grippy dream to drive. The earliest ones back in 1998 were revered by the press and rightly so. Post 05 even better.

Even the modest ones are a joy to drive and all are comfortable.

@waynne: Just one or two sip not more than that !
@Hdi fun: Hahahaha....i loved it !
@Turbonutter: Ya, we too have strict laws here. Cops roam around with gadgets called alcoholic breath analyzer...but it is applicable for only the boozers. We can just take a few sips within the limit. But sometimes at night, when the traffic is too low & the cops are not around, we just have a little more...but as Driving after drinking is not a heroic deed. We mostly avoid it !

in answer to the question, nice wet and twisty road.

TN69: know what you mean about the Focus, my brother has one and its just great at handling as a standard car, very enjoyable to drive

in answer to the question, nice wet and twisty road.

TN69: know what you mean about the Focus, my brother has one and its just great at handling as a standard car, very enjoyable to drive

It was till I picked up a puncture yesterday. I'm on the biscuit wheel till I go to get it fixed when I can be bothered to go out.