Ny-Trex Nitrous Systems

stamford

Pro Tuner
Car
MG ZS200
Anyone on here used them or known someone who has used their systems? I'm contemplating buying one for a silly price but know nothing about the company only WON systems.

Anyone on here used them or known someone who has used their systems? I'm contemplating buying one for a silly price but know nothing about the company only WON systems.

Heard of them, but not seen their work.

http://www.ny-trex.com/

I have a NOS (yes Waynne, an actual NOS one) system (as yet unfitted) but the basics of all systems are the same:

Bottle/pipe/solenoids/pipe/jets. The bottles aren't a problem. The pipes likewise. The important bits are the solenoids and jets. Both of these are relatively cheap so, if they are a problem, they can be changed.

The real trick with nitrous is in the control of the gas delivery by the controller, be it a separate unit or built into the car's ECU. (probably teaching my grandmother to suck eggs here).

Buy it if it is a silly price, what's the worst that can happen? (apart from running lean, that is). If it isn't for you, eBay it :)

Bit extreme for me really. And you're not supposed to use 'em on the road AFAIK

Not a problem as far as I know, as long as you inform your insurance company and they are prepared to cover its use!

However, an interesting point is that you are not allowed to use 2 different fuels in a car at the same time (EU directive/law). LPG and petrol is fine as you only use one of them at a time.

However, the dumb regulators in Brussels consider nitrous to be a fuel!!!!! Try running a car on nitrous alone :)

I don't know what their take is on hybrid cars, where both the petrol engine and electric motor can be used at the same time.

It's provisonally sold.......................to me!

I'll be upgrading a few components anyhow and will be doing a DIY install, not that worried to be honest as I know a few people who have this fitted and know a bit about it.