robert450

hi i am just starting out in the car world. i am turning 17 in two months and just brought a small 1990 nissan pintara just to run around in. i chose this car because its cheap to buy and cheap to run. but i still want my car to have some power as well as decent looks. money is an issue for me but i still have 5 grand or so to put towards upgrading. i live in the countryside so i cant have a car thats two inches off the ground either.

also if you do send me any information could you please specify if it is in australian dollars or US dollars

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the group! What kind of upgrades are you looking for? Performance? Looks? What are your long term goals for the car? Daily driver or something for the track later?

Nice to have you along robert. What engine does it have fitted? That will give a better idea which tuning options are open to you.

in the long term i am looking for an everyday driver. i dont think that this kind of car would be a viable track car. the engine is 4cyl east west 2.0 litre efi. i want upgrades that are affordable (without cutting corners) and that give a good compromise between looks and performance and as far as performance goes i am looking for acceleration over top speed.

would this car be able to have a race chip installed directly or do you think that it would need the ecu upgraded?

thanks for the replys guys i appreciate it.

Last edited:
It all depends so much on the car concerned. I think we all want a car with a sport switch that we can use on track days.