Newbie want to learn more about cars and modifications

johnnxiv

Wrench Pro
Car
Corolla 1990
Hello
Im a newbie with car, Im wanting to learn more about car and modifications.
I have a Corolla 1990, Im thinking about modify it just make the sound louder and sound like turbo. What are the good modifications I can do for my car?

I'm sorry if my question is stupid

Your question is in no way stupid buddy so don't worry. You could always remove the middle box from your exhaust system and insert a straight length of pipe, this will give you a little more noise. You could also fit an induction kit to replace your standard air box, this too will make a little more noise for you. Please note though that NO performance gains will be achieved with these modifications on your car. Being a student I assume your funds are rather limited anyway, so these represent a relatively cheap way of getting the noise that you want/looking for.

Hello and Welcome :)

T9 is right, no performance gains to be had really, though you can certainly get more noise.

Sadly I've hit the age where the total banishment of noise is my priority :-(

Thank you very much for yours quick answers,
What are some options to increase the acceleration of my car? and approx how much?
is it worth to modify my car? I am saving money to modify my car or buy a new car.

Please take this in the kind spirit in which it is given buddy - forget your Corolla and save for a better and more tunable car! ;)

You'll get there buddy. Take you's time. Get some experience and cash under your belt then you can blow some on a car that goes nicely in stock tune alone.

Hope you're having a good day