New UK pschological profile before provisional licences!

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What do you think about the new proposals to put new drivers through a phsychological profile to assess their ability to drive a car before they grant a provisional licence?

Would you pass this? What questions should they ask?

I think they should add that childs toy thing - the blocks in the shape of a triangle, square, and circle with the ball which has holes to put the relevant object in. If they try to put the square into the circle they are clearly going to be bad at parking and judging distances!

If they get the square into a round hole they have violent tendancies and will be prone to road rage. :lol:

It sounds like a good idea, it would keep some of the idiots of of the road, i recon they should do some psychcologocal profileing when they give out insurance quotes, levels of agression and all that, it would be more fair than assuming that i drive like an idiot just because im young and male

some basic questions that should be in it: "what does the green light mean?" (the answer is go forward!, irritating driver of black fiesta registration X45 KOJ,-you know who you are, shame on you!)

Can't see it ever happening - cost would be astronomical.

They would very quickly pass said increase in price on to us no doubt.

Surely these are the kinds of things a driving instructor should be trying the ascertain?

="Does the pupil have a tendancy to stare into space at traffic lights and wait for the horns behind sounding before moving off in a daze?"

="Does the pupil have a tendancy to speed up towards pedestrains crossing the road, occationally screaming "DIE!"

ah, dont think this would be a good idea, as for one would find this difficult to pass. In any case has this been put up by the greens, then they can easily cut traffic just claim everyone has psychotic tendencies so no licenses,