New series of Top Gear starts 22nd of June!

sbtUK

Torque Junkie
Car
'04 Saab 9-3 1.8t
Cool - a good bit of detective work there. Thanks for the heads up. Now with the BBC Iplayer I can also see it without having to invite myself round to a TV owning friends house ;)

Cool - a good bit of detective work there. Thanks for the heads up. Now with the BBC Iplayer I can also see it without having to invite myself round to a TV owning friends house ;)

Yes. God bless Iplayer!

And wow... I didn't expect anyone else to be up at 4.30am! You work with computers right? Hehe. I don't know what it is about working with computers that makes me stay up late... But I know I'm not the only one!

As of the 23rd, I'm a Web Applications Developer. Woop!

Well done SBT - what languages are you proficient in? Are you freelance? I find the internet so much quicker at this time of the day so uploads that take hours are done in about 15 mins. I think us computer people tend to suffer from insomnia! I also run backups at this stupid hour - at least we have the light mornings.

Thank you :)

My main language is PHP w/MySQL. I dabble in JavaScript, Bash, C and the occasional bit of VBScript too. I'm not freelance - but I have done a few little projects for people in the past to tide me over.

The net is a lot faster at this time. I always get close to my full 4mbit at this time, provided the server is question is up to it. Although, to be fair, I live in an area with quite a high population of pensioners who don't "get" the internet: so my contention ratio isn't bad during the day.

This site is PHP/MYSQL - I do javascript too with a bit of Ajax. Not tried C VBScript or Bash yet though. I'm getting 7.5 mbit at the moment - it crawls at around 1.5 at peak times! :(

staying off topic im not bad i get around 5mbit at silly oclock and during the day 3.5 slowing down to around 2.5 at peak times ( tiscali class this as 5- midnight ) which im happy about as had an argument with them a few months ago as they cut me right back to 1mbit. then tried to tell me i was only on a 2 meg line. a few settings changed i was suddenly getting 3-4 and he was saying its impossible you are only on a 2 meg line. yet BT told me i could get 6.5 mmm

Congratulations sbtUK

back on topic
ohh goody sunday nights will be interesting again :bigsmile:

Wayne, you say you do a bit of Ajax ??

What do you use it for ?? It can be quite powerful so we tend to just use it on toilets and hard kitchen surfaces !

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do the guys at Top Gear have the best job ever ?? !!

This site is PHP/MYSQL - I do javascript too with a bit of Ajax. Not tried C VBScript or Bash yet though. I'm getting 7.5 mbit at the moment - it crawls at around 1.5 at peak times! :(

I find Ajax to be unnecessary most of the time. PHP is also simpler, as for MySQL, there isn't a lot to it. It just gets on my nerves when you have to locate an error in the coding, or you write a huge command and miss the semi-colon off the end!

As for Top Gear...result!! :bigsmile:

It just gets on my nerves when you have to locate an error in the coding, or you write a huge command and miss the semi-colon off the end!

That's why I use: gPHPEdit :-D

Runs your code through php-cli when you hit F9, and jumps the cursor to where the error is. Absolute magic! :p

Hurrah for Top Gear and hurrah for gPHPEdit!

hdi. i dont know about that but i think we will be the first ep. there doing a top gear V germans challenge lol.. cant wait

Below the Top gear newsletter

Issue 2, June 08
Tired of watching a football tournament your team isn’t even competing in? Find the spectacle of a dozen fame-hungry simpletons arguing in a bungalow a bit unfulfilling?
Well, fear not, Top Gear is back to make telly good again.

The new series
The World's three least-likely action heroes return this Sunday for the first of six brand new episodes. Along with the usual blend of motoring news, interviews, stunts and challenges, we’ll be unveiling our latest epic international race. Take a look at some of the highlights from the forthcoming series.

The first episode
The presenters try to extend the reach of the long arm of the law by buying their own cars and turning them into police pursuit vehicles. Ferrari’s latest gets a damn good thrashing, and we meet a brand new member of the Top Gear team.

Video
We’ve listened to all your, erm, ‘constructive criticism’ about our old video clip archive, and we’re very pleased to announce that you can now watch over 100 of Top Gear’s finest films in glorious Flash, which you can even view in full-screen if you're in the UK.

The track
Get to know the TG test track as you ride shotgun with the Stig. Our onboard footage shows the Stig at his finest - executing a flawless lap in an Enzo Ferrari. Follow the action on the overhead map and find out the history of each and every challenging corner with our brand new track feature.

Useless Top Gear facts
Did you know that James May once accidentally bought a Leyland Mini on an internet auction site while very, very drunk? Or, that Top Gear once made a film where we turned a Fiat Panda into an armoured car, but we have no intention of ever showing it, because it was rubbish.
Strap in and brace yourself, Top Gear returns in a cloud of tyre smoke to BBC Two on Sunday 22 June, at 8pm.
Should the worst happen and you miss Sunday’s show, don't forget you can now catch the entire episode anytime (including office hours) on BBC iPlayer.

No Sabine then, A stunt Stig then! What did you think of the show? A Prius being out MPG'd on a track by a BMW M3! Cool. Loved the police cars - Jeremies Fiat was class. I can't believe he stuck those spikes on the back wheels and didn't get the wheel balanced. Hamsters Spike strip was hilarious too.

What car do you think would make a good police car (for under £1000).

a good show overall.. now the one thing that annoyed me was the gay bloke doing a lap an how much time of the show he took up. now im not gayphobic but he really was a proper fairy. other than that a good show.

a good show overall.. now the one thing that annoyed me was the gay bloke doing a lap an how much time of the show he took up. now im not gayphobic but he really was a proper fairy. other than that a good show.

For me: I don't think it's got anything to do with Alan Carr being gay really. It's just that his voice is annoying :p

there are two types of gay really. an one really anoyes me... the first is the normal-ish bloke (there never totally normal) who just like a bit of a pork sword, then theres the total fairy who has to shout to the world an have the campest voice in the world. an that just annoys me i mean. why. we know your gay why do you have to make your voice gay. cos like there voice if they didnt make it all..... well gay. it would not annoy me. yeah your gay you dont have to inflict a damn annoying voice on us aswell

hahahaha i in no way endorse homosexuality but alan carr is hilarious and i dnt kno why you are all ranting about him on top gear

im glad they had a guest/s on there who were actually funny compared with the normal people with no sense of humour whatsoever i.e patrick stewart, ellen macarthur, and that transport mp bloke

i mean top gear normally interviews celebs who are pretty much dried up and are trying to keep their careers going but by having JLC and Alan on there last nyt is showed a step in the right direction for top gear

was suprised they didnt wipe the lap times off though and just kept the ones from last series

Last edited by a moderator:
hahahaha i in no way endorse homosexuality but alan carr is f***ing hilarious and i dnt kno why you are all ranting about him on top gear

im glad they had a guest/s on there who were actually funny compared with the normal people with no sense of humour whatsoever i.e patrick stewart, ellen macarthur, and that transport mp bloke

i mean top gear normally interviews celebs who are pretty much dried up and are trying to keep their careers going but by having JLC and Alan on there last nyt is showed a step in the right direction for top gear

was suprised they didnt wipe the lap times off though and just kept the ones from last series

Using the same car as the last series aint they, so they wouldnt wipe. They wiped last time when they changed the car :)

ye i know, i think every series they should get a different car because the suzuki is a bit boring now

they should use another 'reasonably priced car'

thats what i meant :embarrest:

been watching to much channel dave with all the old episodes lol

ye and ray mears is pretty good sometimes

however airport needs to be got rid of because seriously who watches that crap

dave = the new men and motors, as thats not on freeview anymore

What car would you use for the "car in a reasonably priced car" feature?

I wonder how many clutches they have used up on it, and I wonder if it is getting worn out and slow or becomming quicker as it gets run in.

ye the car cant always run as well all the time can it, especially after a repair or something

not sure what car i would suggest for the new one

maybe a vectra jus to piss clarkson off haha

how much are the reasonably priced cars they use?

around 10k ?