New lights

Daz9048

Car
Audi A4 3.0 Quattro
Hi thanks for the replies to my newbie thread looking at sports cat after xmas.

Took my quattro for a drive and saw that the standard headlights were pretty poor does anyone know where i could get some good aftermarket ones from either bi-zenon or angle eye's. Not bothered which just better and brighter than these that are in already cheers. looked on ebay but not seen any that really stand out.

might sound daft mate but at this time of year just try cleaning your headlights on a regular basis it helps honest!!! :bigsmile:

Cleaning 'em does help enormously. Also, try a set of upgraded lamps from http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk.

I've have superb results with Osram Nightbreaker H7s fitted to the dipped beam enclosures only. Philips' extreme power ones are allegedly even better still.

Granted, my car has pretty reasonable factory lights but you can never have too much vision.

Don't fit a HiD conversion kit - it's unlawful to use on the road even if you fit headlight washers and self levelling systems. These are only legal as part of a factory spec.

Don't waste time with blue tinted lamps - they look silly and cut the light output.

Cleaning 'em does help enormously. Also, try a set of upgraded lamps from http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk.

I've have superb results with Osram Nightbreaker H7s fitted to the dipped beam enclosures only. Philips' extreme power ones are allegedly even better still.

Granted, my car has pretty reasonable factory lights but you can never have too much vision.

Don't fit a HiD conversion kit - it's unlawful to use on the road even if you fit headlight washers and self levelling systems. These are only legal as part of a factory spec.

Don't waste time with blue tinted lamps - they look silly and cut the light output.

You don't even have to change the lights themselves nowadays you could just pop to your local autofactors or whatever and buy a new set of bulbs. I did this a while ago when I had a Rover 200 and it made them almost 50% brighter than they was. And only cost £15 for the pair....:D

When I said lamps I meant bulbs. But the correct word for bulbs is lamps. The bulb is actually the quartz glass enclosure around the lamp filament. In american speak this is sometimes referred to as the envelope.

Sorry to cause confusion.

Thanks guys will have a look on philips website for bulbs or down at halfords tomorrow. My lights are kept clean they just look very dirty yellow and dont seem to light the road very well cheer's though

powerbulbs and consumabulbs do good online prices.

The Halfords Extreme Brilliance lamps are made by a wholly owned subsiduary of Philips (Narva, I think) and claim to offer 90% more light on the road.

Not tried 'em yet but will be doing so if I need a set any time soon. The only thing to watch is that the H4 ones have that silly blue ring coating that just spoils the lighting quality.

powerbulbs and consumabulbs do good online prices.

The Halfords Extreme Brilliance lamps are made by a wholly owned subsiduary of Philips (Narva, I think) and claim to offer 90% more light on the road.

Not tried 'em yet but will be doing so if I need a set any time soon. The only thing to watch is that the H4 ones have that silly blue ring coating that just spoils the lighting quality.

I had some from Halfords in my old Rover can't remember the name but they were brilliant blue I think. They had a very slight blue tint and they were great gave great visability...:D

When I said lamps I meant bulbs. But the correct word for bulbs is lamps. The bulb is actually the quartz glass enclosure around the lamp filament. In american speak this is sometimes referred to as the envelope.

Sorry to cause confusion.

And I thought I was the resident pedant on here :)

I've go the Pillips 80% brighter bulbs and they do what they say on the tin. Much brighter and a longer throw.

Hi cheers for the updates i have put phillips extreme in might even do the same for my high beam if there is any difference