New Fuel Prices

Pixel

Road Burner
Car
Ford Fiesta Zetec-S
New Fuel Prices

As I'm sure you're all aware, good old Mr. Brown has increased fuel prices a hell of a lot the past few weeks and its far worse than the other fuel price increases where they chucked it up a sly penny or two. Diesel by me (Tesco Express) is now a depressing £1.25 a liter!

I couldn't see a thread on this but I'm sure its been brought up somewhere before now. Feel free to discuss the fuel increasementsin this thread. But my main question now is...

Is Diesel cheaper to run than Petrol? Because with the recent fuel price increasements, diesel has gone up a lot more than Petrol has.

I call for a re-election :p

Pixel

PS:
I also hear hes going to double road tax.

Fine idea!

Waynne for PM ;)

And for his first act...

Cut road tax and insurance by 75%
And make it less than £1 a liter for fuel ;)

About the road tax... for a year mine has gone up to £180! On a 1.6 Civic!

is that it try £300 for a 1.8

i worked out some figs with a mate at work

normal unleaded was 107 and diesel was 123 so worked out on these

my bora averages 35 mpg which worked out as 13.7 pence per mile

his megane gets around 45 which worked out at 12.3 pence per mile

taken a gallon as 4.5 litres.

an update since then i worked it out using super at 118 so 15 ppm

aye its crept up about 8p a litre over the last 3 weeks - lynch gordon brown

Diesel is probably still cheaper to run in pence per mile terms for fuel only. And only if you compare similar performing cars. You can't compare by engine size anymore as a typical 2.0 litre modern diesel will destroy a 2 litre petrol equivalent in terms of performance.

Dial in diesel engines' higher servicing costs and the higher purchase price of diesel cars and the diesel will lose the pence per mile shootout

Yep and do we all remember when we were encouraged to buy diesels as they "were" more economical and diesel was cheaper - they soon seized upon that labour. The cock was just using that "oil prices have gone up round the world" excuse today. Yeah but the rest of the world isnt paying so much clucking tax on it! And remember he could reduce the tax on it, as the more expensive the fuel is, the more tax and VAT the treasury get - so it could be reduced in price and the treasury wouldnt lose tax if you follow.

Come on though, when diesel really was cheap to buy the cars were truly horrible to drive. Anyone that dedicated really deserved cheap fuel.

And possibly physiotherapy and counselling on the NHS too.