New cars more or less stress

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you find driving a new car more or less of a stress than your old one?

Is it reliability that has improved or are you paranoid about scratching the new one? Does familiarity with controls come into it.

I find the first 12 months of ownership the most stressful. You've all the initial niggles and faults to sort and your paranoid anybody will scratch it.

I wouldn't know, I'd not buy a new car. Im a tight git and would cry every morning when I looked out the window to see my car lose even more value!

Although saying that, I am paranoied about my car getting scratched! :p

I've never owned a new car before but I don't intend to either. You pay so much for them and they lose so much value in just the first year alone.

both they are more stressful just for the simple reason you want to keep them looking like new for as long as possible so get paranoid where you leave them!
but less stressful when you realise they come with a warranty so if anything breaks you just give it back and it comes back fixed (hopefully) and if you are in the situation where you are civil servant they always seem to find you a courtesy car;)

would find it more stressful, as said above would be paranoid about getting any marks on it so would never take it anywhere that i would have to leave it in a public car park - likely end up buying another car just to go to the shops or supermarket so then a new car really would be a waste of money.